Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Petite Shopping Guide: Nordstrom


The Nordstrom Juniors department is my go-to for just about everything.* The prices are excellent, the styles are adorable, and the vast majority are perfectly appropriate for 20/30-somethings. I'd love to pair this gorgeous colorblock blouse with some pixie pants, cap toe flats (or maybe some black brogues to give it a tomboy twist), and a cute topknot for work.

Best for:
  • Pants/Jeans/Shorts- I tend not to buy a lot of kids pants because they never quite fit right (we may be little kid sized, but we're not little kid shaped!). Juniors pants are the perfect compromise- small in all the right ways, but with enough room for some curves.
  • Dresses/Skirts- Wouldn't this LBD be perfect for a night out? I love this peach one too...a little more demure, and just the right amount of flirty. And this colorblock shift- how would I ever choose between peach and mint? Perfection.
  • Button-downs/Blouses- I have the chambray one pictured above, and I plan to live in it this Fall. 

Bonus:
Free shipping and free returns on everything. Also, they seem to be perfectly happy to take things back in any condition (I once took back a pair of youth Toms that I had worn for weeks, that hadn't stretched out the way I expected and were too small. They happily let me exchange them for a brand new pair- I even chose a different color!). Oh, and don't forget to check the kids department for shoes- they've got some winners.

*Except shoes- weirdly the juniors shoes only go to a size 5 or 6, while the women's shoes frequently go down to a 4. Say what?

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment